Monday, November 07, 2005

More Than the Air I Breathe

While watching an infomercial the other day (I know, I know…”Get a life, buddy!”), the hostess made a statement that would not have been strange to anyone but me. While promoting an air purifier she stated, “Nothing is more important than the air you breathe.” My first thought was, “That is not necessarily true”, but the more I thought about it, the more I am convinced that this is ABSOLUTELY not true. I know that sounds like “crazy talk” and right about now you must be wondering when the nice men in the white coats will be here to take me away; after all, just ask those who live in Houston or California about the importance of their air quality.

But I was immediately reminded of a song written by Lindell Cooley and Bruce Haynes and sung by the Zoe Group, titled, “I Need You More”. Listen closely to the words:

I need You more, more than yesterday.
I need You more, more than words can say.
I need You more than ever before.
I need You, Lord. I need You, Lord.

More than the air I breathe,
More than the song I sing,
More than the next heartbeat,
More than anything,
And Lord, as time goes by,
I’ll be by Your side,
‘Cause I never want to go back
To my old life.

I need You more, more than yesterday.
I need You more, more than words can say.
I need You more than ever before.
I need You, Lord. I need You, Lord.

This should be the first song we sing each and every morning. While we have all sinned (Romans 3:23) resulting in death (Romans 6:23), God has breathed new life into us and made us an entirely new creature (Romans 6:3-4).
Take a deep breath of God’s grace and forgiveness and relish each moment that we are connected to the life support that is our God!

When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. Colossians 2:13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home