Sunday, August 21, 2005

From Tween to Teen

Well, it has finally happened. Today, my youngest daughter...my middle child...turned 13. I now have 2 teen-aged daughters! I have watched her grow over the years and her transition from "tween" to teen will be seamlessss.

Lauren is the most beautiful thirteen year old girl in all the world (NO, I am not prejudiced, and YES, she takes after her momma!) She is my cello buddy, with a natural talent for music, both instrumental and vocal (and YES, she gets that from her momma too). A decidedly intelligent child, she loves school, as much for the learning as the chance to be with her friends. A fun-loving, easy-going child, very little seems to shake her. She is idealistic and innocent, with a view of the world as it should be. She is a giver, often willing to sacrifice the things she wants or enjoys for the joy and happiness of others. She mostly enjoys the simple things in life without worrying about brand names or fly-by-night fads.

But what I love most about my daughter is the purity of her heart. Quick to make friends, she is optimistic and encouraging, choosing to see the best in everyone, instead of seeking out the faults of others. She is a modern day Barnabas. Much like Barnabas introduced Paul to the apostles and vouched for his integrity in Acts 9, Lauren will stand up for her friends and sees them through the eyes of Jesus. Even if she has been wronged or treated unfairly, she has a forgiving heart, holding no grudges, seeking no retribution, and accepting those just as they are, faults and strengths included. I see in Lauren the reflection of the Spirit of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I see in her Jesus' love and grace welling up and overflowing, and showering over all those within her sphere of influence. Her heart of compassion extends to all she touches...especially me.

Thank you, Lauren, for letting me see Jesus each and every day. You are truly a woman after God's own heart.

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home